Each Relax Wrap can do 3 helpful things -
You can choose how to use it
based on what will help most at the time.
What is Deep Pressure Therapy?
You have experienced Deep Pressure Therapy before! Every time you get a good hug, you are getting Deep Pressure Therapy. Applying gentle, distributed weight to your body does lots of cool things. It fires a bunch of happy chemicals in your brain. These happy chemicals make you feel calm. They give you a sense of well-being. This effect is called Deep Pressure Stimulation. With a Relax Wrap, you don't have to wait for the next great hug to come along. You can get Deep Pressure Therapy any time you want!
Note: Deep Pressure is painless. Don't think of someone digging their knuckle deep into your muscle until you are in pain! Deep Pressure actually encourages muscles to relax softly and gently.
When should I use Deep Pressure Therapy?
- could use a hug
- are feeling anxious or stressed
- have a hard time controlling sensory stimulation
- are having trouble sleeping
- need to slow down your thoughts
- need a portable weighted blanket (in the car, at school, at the office)
When should I use Deep Pressure + Hot Therapy?
- are dealing with chronic pain like back pain or arthritis
- have sore or tight muscles, and want to improve flexibility and range of motion
- need to relax. The weight and the heat of the wrap cause muscles to go slack
- want to increase circulation.
When should I use Deep Pressure + Cold Therapy?
- want to reduce swelling
- want to wake up or you're feeling groggy.
- have a migraine
- have a hangover
- need an ice pack, but find they are too cold to keep on the area
- want to alternate between hot and cold
- having your "own private summer" or want to coooool down
- Sometimes, cold is just what works!!
What are some other benefits of using a Relax Wrap?
- It is natural, so there are no side effects when used properly.
- It may be used as often as needed. If emotional or physical pain causes problems every day throughout the day, you can use it over and over as an alternative therapy.
- It can be used as a complementary therapy to your current regimen. You can use your Relax Wrap along with what you are already doing to help deal with stress, depression, pain and anxiety, to help you feel better through integrative health.
- It is versatile, easily going from hot to cold or just used for deep pressure therapy, like a fabulous hug.
- It is handcrafted with no mass production, so you can feel the love we put into making your RWrap.
- Please read our Use & Care page for more very important information! Relax Wraps do not claim to treat, prevent, heal or cure.